Do your ever just get this big, swooping high out of nowhere and suddenly it’s three AM and you’ve written two and a half chapters and started outlining a mini-series?
4- Using a gif, describe your relationship with your siblings.
19- Using a gif, describe where you would go if you could fly anywhere.
It won’t load.
London, England. Pronto.
Yeah I said pronto. I use 90s slang in every day life. I thought we already established I’m the GOB Bluth of my family, I’m a mess.
These last few weeks, I was reading Paper Towns again. I was just finishing high school, and I thought it would be a good book for introspection.
And halfway through I realized something.
I fucking hated Q.
Q, his obsession with and his distain for everyone who wasn’t Margo.
Q, who lashed out at his devoted friends because they weren’t as invested in a search for this idea of a girl as he was.
Q, who scoffs at some of his classmates having a party, calling then “Paper kids having their paper fun.”
I hated him because I think his are really shitty ways to think of other people.
I am a paper person. I listen to pop songs and I drive around my boring little town with my friends and I LOVED GOING TO PROM.
But that doesn’t mean I’m not smart or strong or capable of critical thinking.
Acting like you are superior to someone because you read books and drink tea and they watch Catfish and do shots is a terrible way to live. As Q says by the end of the novel, marginally coming to his senses, “What a dangerous thing, to think a person is more than a person.”
That includes yourself.
Lots of stuff. Right now, to clear my head in between projects, I’m working on a short story called I Always Will, which is about two friends named Ed and Charlotte facing love, hate, tragedy, and scandal at various points in their lives.
I’m not entirely sure what Results Day is (given that I’m American) but I understand it’s all tests and university-qualifications and really fucking stressful and I barely survived that shit a few months ago so I wish you all the best!
'A Beautiful Mind” (2001)
-Maybe I have to think about going back to the hospital.
-Or maybe you try again tomorrow.
1. state your name: Halle
2. state the name that your parents almost named you: Julia
3. which of your relatives do you get along with the most? My cousin Chris. He’s a sports reporter for the Boston Herald and an all around chill dude.
4. what was your first job? I was a tour guide on a giant apple farm.
5. did anything embarrassing happen this week? Most likely.
7. white chocolate or dark chocolate? White
8. do people praise you for your looks? I mean when I’m whining about it.
9. what is your favorite color of clothing to wear? Red. It reminds me of blood and being a kickass assassin.
10. how do you wear your makeup? Lip gloss. Mascara. Out the door.
Thank you for everything you taught us, Professor Keating.
I’ve kept you from the life that you deserve, the life that you’ve earned, the life you’d have if I hadn’t barged into your office eight years ago and said, ‘We’re gonna play detective — whether you want to or not.’…I love you man. And I’m so sorry.”